• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Breeding Amano's - Going for it I think!!

Why do u need heaters for shrimp? Or am I reading it wrong? Do amanos need higher temps than other shrimp? Shrimp excel in temperatures of around 18-21 which is usually room temp. Filters will also help heat the tank. Just a thought :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ha yeah. I know what u mean. I'm pretty clues in with other freshwater shrimp but do remember heating that amanos are a little different. Food luck anyway Mate

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

If it was that easy everyone would be doing it ;) for the 2 quid they cost doesn't seem worth the trouble, but its exciting when you achieve positive results ;) Also its always very unlikely that you will get 100% results with the first try, maybe worth doing 2/3 attempts at the same time with different parameters to see what works best.

Sorry to hear your project hasn't gone to plan. At least you had a good try anyway. Hopefully you will have better luck next time :thumbup:

LondonDragon said:
If it was that easy everyone would be doing it ;) for the 2 quid they cost doesn't seem worth the trouble, but its exciting when you achieve positive results ;) Also its always very unlikely that you will get 100% results with the first try, maybe worth doing 2/3 attempts at the same time with different parameters to see what works best.

Thanks,

The will is definitely there, its just finding the time to keep track of everything. I managed to get a few hundred zoes but no matter what I did they just never got any bigger. I tried minerals, calcium, salt increase, phytoplankton, rotifers, live newly hatched brine shrimp but still zilch. It is a mystery o_O

Steve

Matty1983 said:
Sorry to hear your project hasn't gone to plan. At least you had a good try anyway. Hopefully you will have better luck next time :thumbup:

Hi Matty,

What PLAN? :D There was no plan just hit and miss by trial and error, mostly error :sick:

:idea: Maybe they did not like the sterile tank, maybe what they needed was a gravel / stony bed with high movement of water around them similar to the river flowing hmmmm :idea:

REDSTEVEO said:
:idea: Maybe they did not like the sterile tank, maybe what they needed was a gravel / stony bed with high movement of water around them similar to the river flowing hmmmm :idea:

Would you look at that? Your post goes without comment until you quit, then everybody has something to say ha ha

Back