• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

When to introduce cherry reds

Ichthyologist

I have a mature 60 litre aquarium that I have converted to highish tech, stage by stage over the last 4 weeks, first upped to 2 wpg, added fast growing stem plants, added pressurised co2, started adding ferts, increasing photoperiod, in that order. All is going well but there are a few patches of Cyanobacteria on rocks and java moss that I want get on top off. Is this the right time to introduce shrimps? For no good reason I don't want algae eater fish.

jack-rythm said:
If your tank is past its cycle it will be fine, this is around 4-5 weeks buddy. Dependant on substrate

Sent from my Nexus 7

All water parameters are good and stable. The substrate is straight Tetra complete with no topping, was thinking of adding a dusting of mature play sand from another tank to be shrimp friendly as the terra stuff looks a bit sharp. Refuge will be a half coconut shell that is soaking in a bucket just now. Any red flags on this plan?

If your still getting cyano you need to up your nitrate dosing. As far as I'm aware there is no fresh water algae eater that will touch the stuff

OllieNZ said:
If your still getting cyano you need to up your nitrate dosing. As far as I'm aware there is no fresh water algae eater that will touch the stuff

I will take your advice, I have been dozing at 75% of recommend as I am waiting for the plants to establish.

Dont wait on the plants, give it to them from the get go. If you are going to hold anything back make it light.

Back