• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lettuce clip

Jimmy Dale

Hi All,

I am finding that now my Otos have got my algae under control there is not enough for them to eat day to day so I am having to supplement with a slice of cucumber every few days. My lettuce clip, although not a gaudy plastic effort, is starting to mess up the vibes and adds visual clutter. Does anyone know of a 'stylish' lettuce clip for the modern man with his rimless tank if indeed there is such a thing.

Cheers.

I don't have an open top tank, but if I did and the DIY person that I am... I probably look at getting some sort off very thin stainless steal spike or bar, (say 9-12" long) and just put a small bend at each end - one to hang over the edge of the glass and the other end to skewer the cucumber:thumbup:

Have you seen a 'Screw-cumber' before? Like a heavy spring that holds vegetable matter down.

Ive got two, could get a photo if your interested in one :)
Is it hygenic to buy one of those things second hand?

I'd be interested in seeing it Nath.....without you in the picture ;), and where do you get them from?

Sorry it took so long, couldn't get it clean. :lol:

Anyway here it is:
zuzyde7u.jpg

Just got mine on eBay mate. All you do is twist it into cucumber. If I wasnt so skint, I'd go get a cucumber and upload a pic :lol:

Sorry it took so long, couldn't get it clean. :lol:

Anyway here it is:
zuzyde7u.jpg

Just got mine on eBay mate. All you do is twist it into cucumber. If I wasnt so skint, I'd go get a cucumber and upload a pic :lol:

simples!
I reckon i can fill in the blanks between the picture and then with cucumber attached!
you could even attach some fishing line for easy removal once the fish have eaten their veg like big boys!

Yep, I bought that off of Ebay, great for holding food down.
Use it for my cucumber slices as the Cories love to munch on that stuff.

Bought one off Ebay and a colleague had seen the statement. *eye brows were raised*

Yep, I bought that off of Ebay, great for holding food down.
Use it for my cucumber slices as the Cories love to munch on that stuff.

Bought one off Ebay and a colleague had seen the statement. *eye brows were raised*

:lol:

I don't have an open top tank, but if I did and the DIY person that I am... I probably look at getting some sort off very thin stainless steal spike or bar, (say 9-12" long) and just put a small bend at each end - one to hang over the edge of the glass and the other end to skewer the cucumber

Gary that's pretty much exactly what I had in mind perhaps with a kind of flared spike effort at the cucumber end to skewer it so when I'm flouncing around in my smoking jacket I can just delicately lift it out and easily replace it without even getting my hands wet (cos don't we all hate that!)

NatureBoy said:
Is it hygenic to buy one of those things second hand?​
Well I haven't had it up my a*se.

I generally check this forum for high brow nature aquarium vibes and elegant photos of little bubbles and whatnot but that is by far the best thing I have read on here yet :)

Back