• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant ID please

s1chris

Hello,

I have been trialling a few plants I picked up at a local garden/aquatic canter over the weekend to see what my tin foil barbs and silver sharks don't eat. The plants were not labelled but as it was a trial I took the plunge. The following seams to not interest them at the minute. Could somebody identify it for me and if possible let me know how easy a plant it is to care for?

4720BC42-5FC7-47D1-86C0-0DFD0D258075-1776-0000022385ED7BFA.jpg

Thanks for the help as always.

Chris

Looks like an non aquatic 'Indian fern' or Selaginella wildenowii...
Personally I would remove this plant before it starts to rot.
Agreed, get rid of it.

The sad thing is that it looks excellent. I will enjoy the phone call they will be getting today then. How can they get away with selling non aquatic plants as aquatic plants? I'm surprised to be honest that this place has sold me unsuitable plants as the quality of live stock I have got/had from them really is excellent and not only do they deal with tropical but also marine so they do have quite an extensive knowledge of product.

Thanks anyway, Chris

How can they get away with selling non aquatic plants as aquatic plants?
It's pretty common for LFS's to sell non aquatic plants, I am not sure the reason behind this but could be where they order the plants from that just ship them in bulk and throw this plants in and the LFS does not realise.

Hi Paulo, yes i suppose that's a possibility. By any chance is there a similar looking plant which would grow low tech?

Cheers Chris

It's pretty common for LFS's to sell non aquatic plants, I am not sure the reason behind this but could be where they order the plants from that just ship them in bulk and throw this plants in and the LFS does not realise.
I have a LFS that sells both but ultimately tell you one is aquatic and one is not, my question is this..

They keep them in the same tanks.. Will this affect true aquatics? Due to decay etc from the non-aquatics?

:) jack

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back