• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UKAPS? Where have you been hiding?!

D

Darwin88

Hello everyone,

I've been keeping aquariums since 2010. I stumbled into the hobby through a friend and I have been hooked ever since. I'm qualified in Horticulture and I make my living as a gardener, so it was no surprise that my interests moved towards the realm of planted tanks. However, despite my familiarity with all things green, my experiences with planted aquariums so far have been mostly disappointing...I blame a mixed bag of advice from LFS's and reading too many conflicting articles online. I also blame the costs involved (the missus must never know how much I've spent trying to get it right :S) but I love the hobby and I'll always justify the expense somehow, even if it takes me a while to save up for the vital bits! I've used other forums so far with mixed results, but for unknown reasons I've never come across UKAPS until now.

Where have you all been hiding?! I need your help please! I intend to put together a journal of my experiences so far, based on my main display tank which has never really succeeded. By sharing my experiences over the last 5 months, I hope you enlightened ones can make a few observations, and criticisms, to help me understand where I've been going wrong and how to correct things. I've taken plenty of pictures as the tank progressed so hopefully there will be enough information for those who'd like to help me. I understand a lot of the theory and principles of keeping plants in the aquarium, or at least I think I do, I just need help implementing the right techniques - so far I seem to guess my way through stuff.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to seeking your collective wisdoms in the near future!

And by the way, great forum guys. I've been lost in the threads for a few days now...I'm pretty sure the missus thinks I'm up to no good I'm on the computer that much :S

Hello and thanks for the welcome! I'll be looking forward to everyone's input :D

George Farmer...now where have I heard that name before? Always my favourite PFK contributor!

Hi,
awesome forum, i now have green plants and no algae thanks to ukaps!
Get used to being on the computer lots.....it's best to come clean to the mrs, the planted tank affair will kick into overdrive now ;)
Look forward to the journal.
Cheerio
Ady.

This is a great site for educating yourself on how to successfully grow aquatic plants and for inspiration for creating beautiful aquascapes. Welcome.

Welcome welcome welcome!
Prepare to lose hours of valuable work hours to this forum ;p

Back