• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ISTA External CO2 Ceramic Diffuser

im just putting together a c02 setup and must be worth a try although id have no comparison as its my first c02 setup but ill give it a go

I reckon its worth a try. I am using their internal disc diffusor at the moment and am very happy with that so have no reason to believe their other products would not be good too. If anyone gets one, can I suggest they do a review? :)

May give that one a go. Got to be better than the Up atomizer.

May give that one a go. Got to be better than the Up atomizer.
Whats wrong with them? Been using them for years, no issues here, much better than the AM1000 reactors!!!!

The misting is not ideal and I find that getting the correct dosage difficult on my 260l tank.

I stopped using CO2 in the 260 set-up, partly due to not having enough time and partly due to BBA issues. (no problems with the nano 35l). Now I've got things back to normal and I've got rid of the BBA, I intend to have another go - but this time I'd like to try a reactor. I may try the DIY build but I need to be sure of water tightness as my tank is upstairs.

Misting doesn't bother me, not sure what is wrong with that one! Even better for seeing distribution of CO2 and flow ;)

If you stopped using CO2 and now your BBA is gone then it was nothing to do with CO2 in the first place. Did you reduce lighting too?

:) Yes by 1 hour. Maybe I'll give it a good clean and try it again - while I take my time building the DIY reactor.

I'm sure your right LD :meh: But time was was also an issue so 50% water changes also had to go. Still, back into it now so fingers crossed (plants in the post :) ).

Did anyone ever try the ISTA External diffuser?

If so are they any good?

Been trying to get hold of an Up Atomiser but can't seem to find them anywhere.

Did anyone ever try the ISTA External diffuser?

If so are they any good?

Been trying to get hold of an Up Atomiser but can't seem to find them anywhere.

Well, I got the one listed by LondonDragon in the first post.

It is a bit leak prone. But I replaced the locking nut things, which are utterly useless, with compression fittings, I think they're called. Then, it leaked out of the CO2 inlet. So I wrapped the thread for that in PTFE tape. Then it leaked from the ceramic diffuser that I think does most of the work. So, PTFE taped that and then it was good to go. Let me just say that for £17 + £2 for the fittings and tape I'm happy, but by no means is it efficient. Its more efficient than my bodge job temp solution when I switched over to pressurised gas.

I'm not bothered by the misting it gives personally. But certainly seems like the up atomiser would be a better bet.

Back