• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

70L Hi-tech planted

Hi guys,

Im moving in two months so I have an empty tank sitting around. This is a good time to plan and collect the right equipment for a heavy planted tank.

So far I have
2 x 24w APsolutions T5HO
24" long 15" deep 12"high tank
Inline external heater
C02 injection
Hydor power head.

No filter

I have not decided on a Scape but i would like to keep a Pair of BL rams with shrimp. What type of filter would suit a tank? It has to fit my ETH200 heater and may include an inline atomiser but I have not decided the delivery method of Co2 yet..

Few pics!
IMG_0678.jpg
IMG_0677.jpg

And a Video of my bubble counter. This is designed to get people to ask "whats that?" and then i proceed to educate them on Planted tanks and try to bring another to the planted side

What a great little peice of kit that bubble counter is! Did you make it yourself or buy it in?

Hi Ian, I work with steam and pressure systems and these are used on boilers to read the water level. As soon as i seen this i thought i gota get me one of those. Bought it from the boiler repair man that comes in. Got a second one off him but i need to buy the nuts and glass tube. its rated for 8 bar pressure.

Managed to salvage this from an old water sampler from work that I was throwing in the skip. You never know where you will find equipment:) I was delighted when the words EHEIM appeared from under the grind. Its a 1046 model

IMG_0685.jpg

That is one funky looking bubble counter! Rams and shrimp don't go together by the way. Rams are quite territorial and will probably attack your shrimps.

That is one funky looking bubble counter! Rams and shrimp don't go together by the way. Rams are quite territorial and will probably attack your shrimps.

Ditto - you won't need to feed your rams for a while as they will work through your shrimp population especially the smaller ones like cherry or bee shrimp. Might be ok with the Amano or Pinocchio shrimp fully grown. I have used an Eheim Ecco pro rated at around 700l/hr on a similar volume tank. Will fit your eth200 heater just fine and should accommodate your in line co2 delivery as well. Good luck

Back