• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 or not?

Lindy

I recently stopped the pressurised co2 on my tank because the Crystal shrimp eggs were due to hatch and I wanted to give them the best chance. This was around 8weeks ago. The plants in the tank showed no ill effects from no co2. I did however get some BBA on the wood. Wondering if I should get rid of the co2 altogether if I don't really need it or will the tank be taken over by BBA? I had been adding the powdered baby shrimp food and I wonder if the sudden increase of nutrients had brought on the BBA?

Maybe it was from too much food but I kinda doubt it, I used to drop loads without having BBA in my low light tanks. You can use a recipient on the bottom of the aquarium to feed the shrimp and keep the soil clean, there are a couple of nice glass ones available. The smartest thing is to drop the light intensity if you go on the non-CO2 route in order to avoid stressing your plants too much.

Mike

I had thought the led light I have was low light. I'll have to find a way to raise it higher. Thanks..

I think I'll just keep the co2, it doesn't seem to be putting the shrimp off breeding and the babies doing great.

Back