• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Down the Forest Stream

clone

Hi, It is my first attempt for Wabi so be patient:) The plants are some leftovers from my tank. I tried to recreate the tiny forest streams..hard skape is ADA Amazonia. mini lanskape rock and branches manzinitta wood......enjoy. And some advice and comment are always welcome.:p
SDC15276.JPG
SDC15277.JPG
SDC15279.JPG
SDC15280.JPG
SDC15281.JPG
SDC15282.JPG

Fantastic start I love the rock and wood, great hardscape and should make for a very interesting wabi

Will be watching this one :)

really like the root creep effect, how did you make it?

Might use it in my next tank ;)

Thanks for the feedback guys. The creeping effect .......I just placed the manzi wood that way on the rocks somehow the curves of the wood are in harmony:) so looks nice. That gives a sense of scale and depth of the field.
I will keep updated for now just spray aquarium water and ferts mix. Light is cheapish 10w 1600k LED single SMD from e-bay:D stay on more than 12h a day.

Hi, guys here is a small update. Everything is spreading nicely and start to look like rain forest ;) I struggle to keep the big manzi brunch moist so the moss look not so good. Planning to put ultrasonic mister to create fog as in rain forest:)
SDC15300.JPG
SDC15301.JPG
SDC15302.JPG
SDC15303.JPG
SDC15304.JPG
SDC15305.JPG
SDC15311.JPG
SDC15312.JPG

Sill with scissors light fixture:p Have to figure out how to put the light it runs quite hot btw. Thinking about round acrylic lid with vents and light attached to it...any ideas? Hopefully when the plants grow will keep the moist in the bowl ...so no lid.
Thanks for watching.

Back