• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 75-p TMC 1500 led tile?

Possessed200

I'm interested in the new tmc 1500 led tiles. How many would I need? I think about 2?

I'm hearing mixed reviews about these tiles, about they break, not very good for lighting depth.

But some are saying they really good, much brighter than 1000 tiles.

Would like some advice.

Hi,

I haven't used this tile but they have been used to amazing effect in some recent journals. George Farmer used 2 for a 60 cm aquarium George's TMC Signature | UK Aquatic Plant Society and Ian Holdich used just one for an aquarium of the same or similar dimensions A New Adventure (a jungle mess) | UK Aquatic Plant Society. Both these journals are in the featured journals section: Featured Journals | UK Aquatic Plant Society

I'm not sure where you got the bad reviews from but if it's from a marine site, depth penetration is less of an issue in freshwater planted where you only want around 40 PAR at the substrate.

For me it's the controllers that are a bit of a let-down. They don't offer that much in the way of control and mine broke after about 18 months.

Cheers,

P

I've got a 1500 over my ADA 75-P and i think is is fine, however my tank has only been planted for a week so it is really too early to tell!

Back