• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Now red plant wanted.

Martin cape

Hi guys, long time no see.

Tank is doing great at min. No problems, everything settled and growing nicely :).

At the min I think it looks a bit green. I would like to replace the plant in the rear left corner. Mainly because my Gourami is eating it and killing the stems. Also thinking of removing the piece of bogwood in front too.

What I would like is a nice red bushy plant that the fish can swim in and out of and fill that corner.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I also know I could do with trimming the moss and crypts lol. It's finding time with a 12 week old baby :)
avedype5.jpg

eqaryser.jpg

Looks nice. For a decent smaller red plant try alternanthera Reineckii... its a medium difficulty plant and can be bright bold and bright with its pink colours. Looks a bit like a Crpyt but with pruning can be extremely bushy... Its a personal favourite of mine and ive just added the mini version to my tank.

If you're after something really easy and "safe" - one of the red types of Ludwigia is obvious. Works under allmost all conditions !!
Mick.

I've bought red ludwigia and it all turned green!

I'd recommend Alternanthera Reineckii "Pink" - I have this in my shrimp tank and it grows really well.

Back