• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 do i take the plunge?

quaders

Seedling
hi everyone ,new to this site but have been keeping tropical for years ,but about to take the plunge into co2, I have a 400ltr tank and have obtained a 5kg FE all I need now is the rest bits which go in between the two ,when I start to read all the comments on co2 I wonder if its something I should do,my tank at the moment looks good and I just worry that trying co2 could muck it all up! there seems to be so many variations on equipment ect it so confussing for example I had made up my mind to get a Tunze reg and separate solenoid and was then told these wouldn't fit on an FE arrragh !! can anyone please help with some suggestions on some reliable and reasonable priced co2 equipment:angelic:

Best advice.....get a decent regulator JBL...or the like.
Preferably without a solenoid attached to the reg....because you can always replace one of them if one fails saving you money....and grief.
hoggie

Thanks for the advice,Tmc pro does seem to be a good bit of kit,also sounds like a good idea to go with a detached solenoid,as for the flow and gas dissolve i am currently running an all ponds solution external ( great filter ) i would also run my old eheim external so that i have a spray bar at each end of the tank i would like to supply co2 straight into external,im not to keen on having a fish tank full of bubbles! do you think this would work?

No!... well it might, but opposing spraybars are not a recommended method & I doubt if one canister filter will coupe with the gas required.
One long spray bar situated along the back wall is a tried & tested method & a simple DIY reactor would be a better bet to dissolve the gas.
Just keep asking away the questions & be sure before you fill her up :)

ok back to the drawing board! guess im gona have to re-think this don't want to go headlong into this and become a (all the gear but no idea)
many thanks for the advice at least now its made me think so hopefully I wont fall flat on my face:)

Back