• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ready to switch to EI

Rob P

Hi, i'm about out of my all in one ferts and have my EI solutions mixed up and ready to go as per the schedule below.

Sunday - 50% water change & 40ml Macro
Monday - 25ml Micro
Tuesday - 40ml Macro
Wednesday - 25ml Micro
Thursday - 40ml Macro
Friday - No Dose
Saturday - No Dose

The slight problem (and i'm sure i'm seriously overthinking this but want to check) is that I have one dose of my all in one left and then no more. This would mean no ferts being dosed Friday and Saturday before the 50% Sunday water change and starting the EI.

I've been using Neutro+ & dosing 15ml daily. This is slightly over the recommeded dose (my tank is stated 125L excluding substrate/decor etc). Recently I did a 50% water change last Thursday night (as I was away Friday to Sunday and leaving tank/dosing in mothers care so taking precautions - she's a good egg ;) lol). I also did about a 40% change on Monday night. The tank has still been dosed daily with 15ml Neutro+ Tuesday AM, this morning and as mentioned enough for a good 15ml dose tomorrow AM.

Will I be ok to just not dose anything Friday and Saturday and then do 50% wc Sunday morning and commence the EI, or should I mix up a small amount of EI to fill in the gap as I possess nothing else?

Like I say, probably massively over concerned here but I wouldn't want the wheels to fall for the sake of 2 days off having not done something I should!! :facepalm:

Thanks a lot,
Rob :)

Just pour half dose in. Or even the full amount. Water change will reset it later

Just pour half dose in. Or even the full amount. Water change will reset it later

What half dose of the Neutro? Like 10ml tomorrow and 10ml Friday, leave alone Saturday then do wc Sunday and start the EI?

The EI bottles are mixed to last a month each, well 4 weeks I think (micro/macro) so wanted to stick to the schedule from the start to keep it simples!

Still unsure what to do regards the EI if I end up doing an extra water change mid week for example? Any advice there?

Back