• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sensations of Red - close to finish images

This tank is almost complete and ready for rescape in a few weeks.
Been giving it a tidy up today and trying to capture a few images.
Just need to think what fish will suit for a final picture.... all ideas welcome.

during water change
11714287364_c550d2a4f0_b.jpg
IMG_3915 by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

11714172953_4d6757009d_b.jpg
sensations of red by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

11714285704_fa422047ba_b.jpg
IMG_3932 by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

quite like this image as shows a good few different textures...
11714172133_fb7e41730c_b.jpg
textures by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

and one mucking around
11714174223_0c368196c3_b.jpg
IMG_3926 by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

I'm actually quite sad to pull this one down as think it has ended up quite nice, its also works really well to have a tank with lots of colour next to the big tanks all greens.

Hope you like :)
Sensational mate!
Stunning photos and scape, really works well without the wood and i love the reds :thumbup:
Your progressing to be one of the top UK scapers mate, backing up plant growing skills with excellent camera work too. Love some of the details within this tank like the eleocharis mixed in with the elatine on top of the rocks and amongst the foreground, just adds extra layers of detail which enhances the overall 'feel'.
Really looking forward to following your next creation.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Sensational mate! Stunning photos and scape, really works well without the wood and i love the reds Your progressing to be one of the top UK scapers mate, backing up plant growing skills with excellent camera work too. Love some of the details within this tank like the eleocharis mixed in with the elatine on top of the rocks and amongst the foreground, just adds extra layers of detail which enhances the overall 'feel'. Really looking forward to following your next creation. Cheerio, Ady.
thanks day, not so sure about top scaler but its nice to have some successes. Glad you think the images are improving also, I've done absolutely nothing to try harder aside use the camera more.

This is an amazing tank. Love the contrasts. No way I would take it down!

hey mike, i too am loving the contrast of reds and leaf shapes, next 'scape' will again be all about trying plants i like the look of and ,at risk of being repetitive, keeping the red stem theme :)

So i have missed the boat to get a final image with this tank, the stems are now too long and size of the carpet leaves has increased too much. Think i will give it a light trim tomorrow mostly on the ludwigia and MC in the hope it comes back in the next couple of weeks before tear down.

11904296864_c215986f19_b.jpg
IMG_3934 by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

11904737766_63305c8276_b.jpg
IMG_3936 by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

nothing happening here but growth, tank needs pulling down really but no time. Just letting it do its thing.

Apologies stu, i havent removed the copyright from the camera... its my next job.

12152772186_b5a70204d6_b.jpg
random by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

12152771116_8c74fd7864_b.jpg
topping out by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

I might have to snaffle a few stems off you, if you decide not to use it all in the new scape.... :rolleyes:

Mind blowing colours! This turned to be a wonderful scape! Congrats Ian!

All the stems will be looking for a home soon Darren, will be splitting the tank in 2 and selling job lot for donation to the forum.

Hey antoni, hope your well fella. The 'ugly ducking' seems to be a my theme. Hope the next one turns out well.

Have switched this tank to EI x2 ,minus nitrates, only because I've run out of liquid ferts and x2 because I can't be bothered to work out the correct dose.
Minus nitrates to see what happens to the reds, at the same time the lights are now as close to the surface as possible. So what's happened after 2 weeks? Nothing!! Reds are the same, growth is no more virulent but the MC is more yellow than before??

When I see web images of ludwigia sp. it's crimson? I can do this in photoshop but that's cheating... Do you think that this is because the lights I have don't have the intensity needed to induce this crimson colour or are the web pics I see 'shopped'??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My reds definitly respond with longer duration and higher intensity.

I'm of no help all I ever managed was orangey then over Christmas.....death but it looks fantastic mate :)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

When I see web images of ludwigia sp. it's crimson?

Ian, stunning colours :thumbup:
I think that it's the 3rd tank i have Ludwigia sp. (and know Ludwigia from other tanks in stores, etc) and color is always a "strong" red, not crimson (you say crimson like a little purple? sorry i'm portuguese :D).

Pedro.

maybe the 2 x 36w just dont have the balls needed then darren.

When stems are orange they are just as nice ali, maybe not the dead bit though :p

color is always a "strong" red, not crimson
was experimenting to see how to achieve this sort of colour pedro, would be under super intense lighting...
Plant Details

Ian, i updated one of my two aquariums yesterday. At the back of one picture you can see the color i have (Forsaken World). It's not a great picture of Luwigia sp. but the colours are there.
It's not crimson, or should I get some glasses :D

Pedro.

I am running 1.2 watts per LITRE to attain decent redness. Its really not viable!

Im running 76w over 60ltrs so pretty high light already, think i will put 2 tmc tiles over it for the rescape and supercharge it.... can but try.

Ian, i updated one of my two aquariums yesterday. At the back of one picture you can see the color i have (Forsaken World). It's not a great picture of Luwigia sp. but the colours are there.
It's not crimson, or should I get some glasses :D
Pedro.

that tank , like your others, is really looking good pedro. It looks to have settled in very quickly and growth is strong. Will be interested to see it grown in and if as has been mentioned the middle needs another rock or two to break the straight line.
The ludwigia sp. also has nice reds, slightly darker than mine... which confuses things even more as by WPL it has less light... close to 0.5wpl in yours and 1.2wpl on my 60..... :crazy:

I dont know, will continue experimenting with the next scape....

Im running 76w over 60ltrs so pretty high light already, think i will put 2 tmc tiles over it for the rescape and supercharge it.... can but try.

thats tank , like your others, is really looking good pedro. It looks to have settled in very quickly and growth is strong. Will be interested to see it grown in and if as has been mentioned the middle needs another rock or two to break the straight line.
The ludwigia sp. also has nice reds, slightly darker than mine... which confuses things even more as by WPL it has less light... close to 0.5wpl in yours and 1.2wpl on my 60..... :crazy:

I dont know, will continue experimenting with the next scape....

How high are your lights above the waters surface?

that tank , like your others, is really looking good pedro. It looks to have settled in very quickly and growth is strong. Will be interested to see it grown in and if as has been mentioned the middle needs another rock or two to break the straight line.

Ian, you have some of the most beautiful aquariums on UKAPS. Don't bother with one plant ;)

I have 2 or 3 stones ready to try something at the middle...

Back