• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My first scape - ADA 60P - Jurassic Gorge

An good stuff :) I would scale the light back a bit to try battle the algae then mate

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

hi dan hows the tank going ? you got gush lily pipes yet? I am in same boat well will be as have a eheim filter with 700lph turnover and a 60p hope its enough with some media removed etc, also have the gush nano inlet but interested to see how the outlet and inlet look on ur tank, looking forward to update pics

Hey, sorry for the lack of updates, it was a busy weekend and I do have a bit of a confession... I've put purchasing the nano pipes on hold until next week as I went a bit crazy on bits for my other passion.... Corals!!! Yes I know shoot me now, I am also a bit of a sucker for marine tanks too.

I will try and get round to taking some pics tonight. However, I am finding the filter is not producing enough flow, there is a couple of dead spots in the corners but the plants seem to be ok for the most part at the moment.

Want to see how they look on the tank thanks mate yeah I am a little concerned if 700lph will do it

Thanks Dean

I think it depends on the layout of your hardscape also. I've got a deep valley and I struggle to get much flow in there. Also every day I get issues with floaters, not just one or two plants but several. Then there is always loads of small bits of the plants floating each day too. I clean the tank and within 24hours is packed again, like in the pic below. Could it be the shrimp causing it?

my2aguse.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• my2aguse.jpg
    my2aguse.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 100
Yeah shrimp do uproot plants a lot, yeah the valley will make it hard for the flow, the only thing I wasn't sure about with the nano gush inlet that I have it will draw water from high up in tank and not from the bottom you think that matters much ?

Thanks Dean

Dan, why did you go with a 200W heater? Isn't it overkill for a tank this size? What temperature do you have it set to?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

I went for 200w purely because I wanted an inline heater and they only come in 200w or 300w, I also need the 12mm fitting which left me with one option... 200w 12mm Hydor inline heater. I currently have it set to 24c and it holds the temperature very well. I don't really think its too much of an overkill, it just means that because it is 200w it can heat up to the desired temperature a lot quicker than a 50w heater can. Lots of guys on here are running them with no issues.

How's this one going mate ? Any update pics

Thanks Dean

Things have been going well thanks mate, apologies for the lack of updates. However I'm afraid I have some sad/good news. No sooner have I started I am going to have to break the tank down to sell!!! I've just bought a new house and I've got to sell the tank and most of my other bits!!!

nnnoooooooo shame mate looked great hope you stay on here mate

Back