• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green Pekoe Pond - 40 litres

wow! great pics, were you just lucky to be there at the time to see this little fella or can you do anything other than endless stare at the tank as its great to look at? and so watch it all :D

It's great to see you all enjoyed seeing my little damselfly friend make his way into the world. I'd love to know what species and where he came from. I've had a look at British natives and he doesn't look anything like any of them, so in assuming he's an alien. (If anyone knows, please let me know). He didn't seem to make a dent in the cherry population, which seem to be multiplying at an unbelievable rate and could do with someone eating a few of them... red cherry baguette anyone?

wow! great pics, were you just lucky to be there at the time to see this little fella or can you do anything other than endless stare at the tank as its great to look at? and so watch it all :D
Hey Nutty, haven't seen you on here for a while, hope your tank is coming along nicely. My little tank is in the dining room so I get to stair at it in the evenings while I have my dinner. Try to spend what time I can fiddling about hooking the odd floating leaf out etc... but never enough time for hobbies with a young family to look after. Its nice just wondering through and seeing it all green and full of life and my little girl spotting the shrimps, fish, snails and damselflys.

Hey that's brilliant! I really like the thought of Mrs. Damselfly looking over your Word documents. I do feel a little bit guilty now about evicting the other two. I think my little girl thought it was a pond fairy.

I had 2 of these appear on the wall above my 125 litre I can only assume they came out of the tank itself I also blamed them for the few cherry shrimp heads I found in the tank ! I've seen youtube footage of the larvae eating small fry ! Could they be the culprits re my shrimp ? Great pictures by the way I think I need to invest in a half decent camera

Hi Dan, I'm most definitely the point and shoot type as completely incompetent with fiddle menus and a multitude of options… my camera is a Nikon D40 from 2006/7 and really showing its age now. Terrible for low light and indoors - camera shake on most pictures as I hate the look the flash gives everything. If I had some spare cash I'd also be looking for a new camera!

The Damselflies didn't make a dent in Cherries and are breeding like no tomorrow. I think its great these creatures find a home in our tanks, surprises me no end they can grow up and emerge and remain hidden in what amounts to a tiny puddle of water.

camera shake on most pictures as I hate the look the flash gives everything. If I had some spare cash I'd also be looking for a new camera!
You can help your results with a tripod, doesnt have to be terribly sturdy for your indoor use with light lenses, even a gorillapod can be helpfull.

Thanks Edvet - I am so going to get myself one of this gorillapod things - how cool are they! Excellent idea, Cheers!

They are OK until a little one gets hold of it as it looks like a toy! *snap*

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I think I'm due a progress picture:

Algae almost completely gone. Only dosed Excel on 3 occasions - 5ml directly syringed on the problem areas. I now have a big bottle in the cabinet for future close encounters. Mulling over putting some tall bushy plants in the back right hand corner, behind the wood
14326274100_65cb040098_c_d.jpg

Back