• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The wood pile

what makes you think they may be mixed al? Its quite possible given that the species are often mixed but did think as they were the same batch they would be the same...

Shame about the 60p, no doubt something better will come along pal ;)

Lovely setup! You have managed capture the 'raw' appeal every biotope is supposed to have, yet being aesthetically correct. I see a very few biotopes that have this quality. Great job!

And I absolutely love these tiny gouramis, pity that they are still very rare in our market...

Superb scape Iain, something I've wanted to do for a while, just not sure I'm dedicated enough for these wonderful little fish, subscribed to this one mate :thumbup:
thanks tim, the reason i started it was because i couldnt be as dedicated to so many tanks, i guess you need to commit to them long term though as taking them back to the shop is the same a flushing them.

Lovely setup! You have managed capture the 'raw' appeal every biotope is supposed to have, yet being aesthetically correct. I see a very few biotopes that have this quality. Great job. And I absolutely love these tiny gouramis, pity that they are still very rare in our market...
your comments are much appreciated hamza, i really didnt try very hard at all so it could easily be replicated by anyone with some wood. They are great little fish, very active but in a sedate sort of way.
Looking forward to getting some shrimp in with them to help tidy up a bit and deal with the wood mould.

was getting a little frustrated with the perpetual diatoms in this tank, almost broke it down but instead decided to change it a little and give it some love. Thankfully it has rewarded me with these displays for the last few days, video doesnt come close to showing how electric the colours are.. Youll also notice some cool cats i added...
excuse the reflections and the 'of' 'off' at the end.

Lovely footage Iain. They must still be establishing dominance I reckon, that was much longer sparring than I ever saw with mine.
Also those catfish are brilliant, another one for the wish list.

ah ok, quite possible tom, just assumed was sparring for spawning as he then ran of with the female round the back for a while.

they really are brilliant, they require multiple feedings a day and really arent the smartest. Almost think they are blind as daphnia can be all around them but unless it actually touches the barbels then they dont 'see it'.

Hyalobagrus flavus I think, although Iain may need to correct me.
Cold day in hell when i correct you on a fish identification Tom ;) Only flavus is known to be exported to the trade and believe them to be so.

Very nice, and very black water / paro compatible.
Not to much indication of where to source them on the net though!

Both my local MA's have them at the moment and an article in PFK this month about them so guess they are 'in season' ATM.

Went over to MA wildwoods near peterborough yesterday and was again Soo impressed. The staff are amazing and stock really fantastic... All sorts of fish, many I've not seen at other shops.
So found some lovely little pencils which have added to this tank.
Will get some pics at some point but trying to identify them at the moment.
Thinking nannostomus rubrocaudatus??? But maybe all female :(

Back