• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twinstar, a real brain melter.

Iain Sutherland

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hey all, I'm interested if anyone has had this issue, it's a bit strange so bare with me.

In order to keep my rocks clean I thought I'd employ the magical powers of twinstar.
So once the postman had been I happily plugged it in thinking how nice it will be with no green rocks.
Upon plugging it in it was clear something wasn't right, first cycle of mist fine then each time it turned in it gave off less and less until after about an hours just a trickle of larger bubbles like a rubbish co2 diffuser.

Having spoken to Ed he tested one of his others that were fine and suggested a few tests.... Try in tap and ro. It was the same, nothing.

So ed happily took the gizmo back at his cost (very good of you mate thanks) and sent another!

Low and behold exactly the same!

At this time another one arrived from Alastair ( need 2 on a 120) old style diffuser, plugged it in and away it went, still going strong days later.

Feeling a little confused ed said he would again take it back and refund. He then tested the return and it goes fine for him?!?

Not one to be beaten I thought if pick one up online from TGM just to see, arrived today, started well, just got home from work and it's the bloody same, just a little trickle of bubbles with the old one at the other end of the tank pouring mist out!!

So the only thing I can guess at is that somehow the difference in the old style and the new style diffuser causes it to stop working in my water?!?

I should add that I've tried every possible mix of bits to narrow down what's going on...
Old style diffuser on new controller- fine
New diffuser, old controller- nothing
Different power packs etc...

The only other difference is the old working one makes a high pitched noise when it runs and the new one is silent....

So anyone had issues getting this gizmo to work for them?

It's melted my brain, surely I can't be the only one?

Just created an account just to post that this same exact thing happens with mine. Ive resorted to placing the plates vertically so the bubbles dont trap under the plate. Ive been running it about two weeks.

Just created an account just to post that this same exact thing happens with mine. Ive resorted to placing the plates vertically so the bubbles dont trap under the plate. Ive been running it about two weeks.

Is this happens if you put the reactor to the high flow area too?

:crazy::banghead:
....its not your crazy electric socket points again is it??

I'm thinking the same as Ady. If the devices work for others maybe the power it gets from the socket isn't right.
The water being the issue seems unlikely.

If Twinstar works at the molecular level, as is implied, then it could be something undetectable about the microbiology of the water that causes this??

well if the top and bottom are the two reaction poles, if one of them is seperated from the water with a big bubble of air, it won't react anymore, so that makes sense. Maybe the fine mesh get clogged quickly and starts holding back the tiny airbubbles trying to get through, or it's reacting so much/fast there isn't enough space for all of them to pass though and they start forming larger bubbles, that won't fit through.

Back