• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Greetings from Bangalore, India

KarthikC

Hello to all UKAPS members.

My name is Karthik and I am from Bangalore, India. I am a motorcylist by heart (I like adventures on two wheels) and an Aquarist from my childood days. I became serious in the fishkeeping and planted tank hobby about a year ago and would like to improve further.

I love native Indian fish and have a wide variety of them including Snakeheads, Barbs, some catfish and loaches. I also love to rear and breed Betta and have a fair amount of success till now.

I look forward to upgrading my knowledge about planted tanks and aquascaping from this wonderful forum.

Cheers,

Karthik

Hi Kathick,

Welcome to ukaps :), Happy to see you here And you will learn lot from UKAPS

Thanks guys

Sanj: Yeah we go on some collection trips, partly to observe the habitat and partly to collect hardscape and live stock. :D Would love to share some pics I have of Indian native fish. Here they are:

Gobiopterus Chuno (also known as Glass Goby): Fussy eater, but good for a planted tank. Died due to Co2 poisoning :(
12695236734_5aa8cdec3e_c.jpg

Had some success in pellet training this, though:

12614611194_04214b6f3b.jpg

Asian Stone Catfish:

Fussy eater, not good for planted tank. Eats only blood worms and other smelly live feed.

14654999708_3ba622413c_z.jpg

various barbs (some collected, some bought)

14640155187_bacb9d8c91_c.jpg

Channa Andrao: Eats shrimp (dead or alive) and of course, other species that can fit inside its mouth. :D

14810397836_6afcfc2ae6_c.jpg

Channa SP. Green Fantasy: eats whatever edible it can fit in its mouth.. Damn thing has gone behind my hand many times. :/

14696767621_550ac4a768_c.jpg

Horabagrus Brachysoma: Eats whatever it can sniff out.

15649736252_0f66bd4b7c_c.jpg

Whew.. That's a long thread, sorry about that. Hope you all like the pics.

Cheers,

Karthik

Last edited:
Welcome, looking forward to hearing more of your indigenous species of fish and plants :)

Welcome, looking forward to hearing more of your indigenous species of fish and plants :)

Thanks. I'm not that good with indian plants though. My friend, Navneeth, who's on this forum is collecting and growing indian native plants.

Cheers,

Karthik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never seen the glass gobies before, they look tiny.

Love the blue channa, but they do not look trustworthy lol.

Channa are always unpredictable. Many times they were after my hand while I was doing maintenance inside the tank :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back