• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What am I doing wrong :-(

Kam Sandhu

Hi all,

Need some help.

I just cant seem to get my drop checker to go green before the lights turn on.

I have CO2 coming on 3 hours before the lights, I am injecting at such a rate that a bubble checker is useless and the needle valve is now almost fully open.

My tank, I have a Juwel Rio 180, a spray bar across the back, nearly the entire length, and a Hydor 1600 where the spray bar does not reach.

I have a Fluval 406, foam in the bottom tray, biomax in the 2nd tray, purigen and carbon in the 3rd tray and the 4th tray is empty.

I have triple checked for leaks using soapy water, I don't know what else to do. I keeping getting endless GDA on the back glass.

I am at a point now that I am thinking about binning the whole lot and going back to artificial plants.

Oh and the never ending brown algae too.

Any input would be great.

Last edited:
Edit: the inline atomizer housing is leaking. Looks like it's cracked. Does over tightening cause this?

Over tightening can break anything.
Lighting duration/ intensity?

Some drop checkers take an eternity to react. I was using one of those ones that hook over the rim of the glass with Aqua Essential 4dkh solution and it must have lagged an easy 6 hours or more behind the actual aquarium ph as measured by a high quality calibrated probe.

Look at the situation like this- there is a good article about drop checkers by Ceg read that first and then read up on your equipment and what your doing. I wouldnt have the needle valve fully open yet. I dont know the info for inline but a empty chamber in the filter? I agree with Chris that the color change can take a eternity, watchful of the livestock I would maybe opt for in tank diffuser for now,forget the plastic plants all the experts have been through it

Back