• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bumped into this nice rock

Frenchi

Hi
I found this nice rock on a shelf in a fish store I visited today.. I couldn't resist does anybody know what type it is please?

f7d29520167e8499de6f1b9d0161e1e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure of its name but looks like something you might see in arizona. Might go nicely with red/orange plants

I'm trying to think of a use for them now .. I was thing of incorporating them into this mess somehow??
c32835967443c42ff3a3edca406fc121.jpg

Have you seen the scape 'escarpment' by TGM and James findlay? You could try something similar maybe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,
If it is this Darrel will it alter the ph in the tank ?
I think it probably will.

If you give it a good scratch with a knife blade (to make lots of little shavings) and add some spirit vinegar it should froth if it is travertine.

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't a limestone looking at the bedding planes and colour.

cheers Darrel

Hi all, I think it probably will.

If you give it a good scratch with a knife blade (to make lots of little shavings) and add some spirit vinegar it should froth if it is travertine.

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't a limestone looking at the bedding planes and colour.

cheers Darrel
I'll try it first cheers darrel

Back