• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

setting up new tank pls help

Gus

new tank help pls

Edit ConversationMark as UnreadUnstar Conversation

GusNewly Registered

Hi every one im setting up new planted tank tank dimensions w 105cm h50cm d45cm=230liters,open top hanhing lights 4x39w t5 is it enough lights for iwagumi set up with cuba carpet?(how long shall i run my lights for)
,im getting substrate
1x6l ada power sand special M
4x9L ada aqua soil amazonia
1x9L ada aqua soil powder amazonia
will it be enough substrate?
I have presurised co2 with selenoid valve (2kg fire extinguisher)+gush co2 diffuser
Also will be using EI fertelizer (aquarium plant food)
my bigest question is filter at the moment i have Fluval 405, and allpondsoliutions 1400L per hour
will be using one of these just dont know wich one,or shall i buy bigger one ?

Hi and welcome to ukaps :)

As for the lighting, I would say it should be good BUT let someone else answer that as haven't gone that big before, nor for low hoc carpet growing. Why not try glossostigma ? It's a little more forgiving ?

I'm assuming this is your 1st tank?

Again substrate I'll let someone else answer. It's worth asking the supplier of the substrate for sure. If it is not how ever, that stuff can be fairly expensive IMO would for sure be incline to cut some ladies tights up and fill with cheap gravel to bulk out areas with hills, then lay the ada products over the top. Kind of like using the tights with gravel as a mattress with your special powder as the sheet and Amazonia as the duvet haha!!

Now the filter you do not want to get wrong, taking into account other journals flow is king when making sure hc creates a lawn look.

Aim for at least 10x tank volume turn over per hour at bare minimum. If it where me I'd be looking at a 10x minimum filter with spray bar centre section of tank with 2 power heads in either corner. All pushing at the front of the tank.

Another idea too, tell us some more about yourself? Past experiences, how you found us, maybe some pictures of tanks your taking inspiration from.

Hi nayr thanks for your reply.
I'm in fish tank hobby for around 10 years had all sorts of tanks and fish from simple cocommunity tank to spices only at one point I was breeding and selling blue frontoza babies,biggest fish I ever had was 3foot silver arowana in 6foot tank had to go in the end tank was just to small.at the moment I have trigon 350 planted tank witch is for sale on ebay t (trigon 350 planted tank)
I had 2 filters 2power heads in it pressurised co2 dadaily fertilizer with micro and macro
still couldn't get water flow right becouse of its shape so tank has to go now .
just got me self sekond hand optiwhite tank and will try again.

Back