• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wood identification

Omegatron

Hi,

Im in there very early stages of rescaping my tank. In mind is the ryuboku style. I found a pic of a tank that i realy like but im wondering what type of wood is used. Could anyone identify it for me?

372fcbc312c3e2e086c0355f1afb9453.jpg

Thanks very much for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, that oakthree looks nice, though it would be quite a challenge for me to find it here. I was hoping i could find something in stores here but it seems options in the Netherlands are very limited. Though there is an abundance of spiderwood at the local LFS. But im afraid with a tank length of 120cm the spiderwood branches would look to thin. Do you guys think spiderwood would work if I would go for a scape like that picture? (inspired not a full replica haha)

Hi all,
that oakthree looks nice, though it would be quite a challenge for me to find it here. I was hoping i could find something in stores here but it seems options in the Netherlands are very limited.
Alder wood (Alnus glutinosa/cordata/incana) or Robinia pseudoacacia would also do.

I think it is probably easier to pick up suitable dead wood in the UK, compared to Europe, because even though we don't have as much forested land, we have a lot of unhealthy hedge-row, or field, trees.

cheers Darrel

What is usually sold under the name "Mangrove driftwood", often look like this. ( Which specie this wood fall under, is not really certain, though !! )

Back