• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dragonstone scape

djlittle

Seedling
Following on from my intro I thought I'd post up my journal and see what everyone thinks. I'm in no rush as I want to do this right so this thread will probably be a slow work in process. I'll probaly be asking loads of stupid question so please bear with me. I was initially going to try a dragonstone iwagumi scape, I started with the intention of buying loads of stones and then selecting the ones I liked. The only thing was I liked all of them so most of them are in the tank so I don't know what you would call it. My setup is as follows:

Juwel Rio 240 tank
Substrate is Ada Amazonia aquasoil
Stones are dragonstone
Hydor 300w heater
all pond solutions 2000ef filter with supplied spraybar
Lights are to be confirmed but will be using the standard lighting unit
Co2 will be from a fire extinguisher and controlled by a co2 art kit and diffuser
I'll be dosing with ei
Livestock will probably be a few tetras and a few shrimp

I haven't decided on plants yet but was planning to use one type. I'd love to try hc Cuba but I know I'm not experience enough yet to try so I was doing a bit of research on Monte Carlo, would this be a good plant to try or what would you guys recommend?

Below is a couple pics of a layout I have in the tank atm. I'm happy enough with it as a first attempt but I'd really appreciate some feedback/critic if I could change anything. I'm happy to change anything as I want this to be done right from the start

image.jpg

image.jpg

great start! looking good so far. really liking your placement of the stones. I've got no experience with monte carlo, but from what i've read from various journals and on different forums, it is easier to grow than HC. best of luck!

just like to mention that the rock on the very far left stood out a little to me as being out of place. I think it's because the face of the rock that is showing does not have as many craters and is a lighter colour compared to the surrounding rocks. I'm not sure what the other faces are like.

image.jpg

look forward to seeing this progress!

Thanks everyone! Hopefully it'll be as good as I picture it in my head lol think I will try the Monte Carlo and see how things turn out and if it doesn't work I'll prob try some dwarf hairgrass

great start! looking good so far. really liking your placement of the stones. I've got no experience with monte carlo, but from what i've read from various journals and on different forums, it is easier to grow than HC. best of luck!

just like to mention that the rock on the very far left stood out a little to me as being out of place. I think it's because the face of the rock that is showing does not have as many craters and is a lighter colour compared to the surrounding rocks. I'm not sure what the other faces are like.

image.jpg

look forward to seeing this progress!

That was the only stone that was bugging me but I've moved it now but I'm starting to think I've too much open space on the left, it's hard to imagine it all grown in, what do you think?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Very nice so far.

My 2c is to replace the left foreground rock with the flat top. Perhaps replace it with 2 smaller rocks that have a bit of a point.

Hi guys, it's been a very long time since I updated this, I received my Monte Carlo and got the tank setup on the 22nd June, everything seems to be going good so far, fish seem happy and no signs of algae, below are a few pics, the fist 5 are in order to show groth from week to week. Don't mind the fish as they are only in to get everything cycled, I'm planning on 20-30 neons with maybe a centre/feature fish among them but not sure yet, any suggestions are more than welcome

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back