• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lights for a high tech set up

Rabbit229

hi guy im new and shopping about for ideas. What lights do you guys recomend for a high tech set up. Tank size is 3ft 3ft 1ft tall

Links for sites were I can buy these lights would be great

They look small. How many will I need for my size tank

You'll need 9 and that would be the perfect. They cover 60cm each. Won't be cheap, but then you mentioned high end! ;)

It cannot be 9 surely? (Although that would be a lot of light!)

Looking at the diagram it indicates they cover about 50 square cm with the installed lenses so no more than 4 would be needed?

You're right! My mistake, don't know why I've mistaken his measures with a cube of 150cm x 150cm :banghead:

Stupid me... :wacky:

You are right in a 90cm cube, you would need 4!

Cheers,
Jose.

Last edited:
How much would it cost for 4 of these bad boys I like the fact you can controls them with an app

Lol wow I was looking at around £500 for lights and £400 for C02 gear including canister

What could I get for around £500

The XR15 are really designed for small tanks
I've had a change of mind on my tank size im going for a 7ftx20inchx20inch

What would you guys recomend for this. I'm willing to spend any were from £500-£1000 on the right system

What are your thoughts on ATI power module?

I'm really stuck here, not got a clue what to choose

Really I'd like some thing that's not to much on the power consumption but will be ample for plants to thrive
I've ordered my tank now and got talked in to 7x2x2 so even bigger. Tank will be here by weekend

With the 24in depth, I suggest you only look at high intensity LED's (such as those Kessil uses in their light fixtures) - maybe chat with BML (Build My LED), when I discussed my tank with them, they suggested I just go with a couple of locally available options re fixture cost + import + shipping pushed their own units well above the price of the Kessils I was considering.
I doubt you'll find sufficient intensity/even coverage lighting without going to the upper limits of your budget, or even slightly beyond once you add in hanging kits & controllers (shop lightly used if you can)

BML has an introduction to LED tutorial/video that is worth watching (it's available on the MACNA site, or BML may have a direct link now???)

(eg, Kessil A360W-E Tuna Sun is considered to cover a 24" square with 36" penetration - you'll likely want to start at rather lower than 100% intensity)

Hi alto
I rushed of out and bought 3 Radion XR15 FW with the centre rail that you can move the lights back and forth, reef link kit, it cost me £800
I'm not sure if 3 will be enough but I can always add another if needed

It would be nice to see some tanks that are using XR15

My tank is 900 ltr will one be ok?
yes as long as you dont use the smc valve thats supplied with it. if you send them an email asking for that reg supplied with a splitter they will sort a price. and the regulator will be more than enough for your huge tank.

Back