• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lost...

António Simões

Seedling
Hi,

I come to show you a new assembly that did, a new idea that I hope to have the end result that thought ...
the assembly was made on 08/29/15, with a plant updates I made yesterday.
now is the description with some pictures.

Aquarius:

100x50x50

Lighting:

ATI 4x39 (10000k / 2x6500k / 4200K)

for now just have to 10000 and a 6500 running for 7 hours

Filtering:

EHEIM 2073 PROFESSIONAL 3

EHEIM SKIM 350

Fertilization:

Pressurized CO2 TMC with bottle of 500gr 4b / s

PLANT GROW PREMIUM 2ml day

PLANT GROW SPECIALIZED 7ML day

Potassium 6ml day

FLORIDO C7 of EQUO 5ml day

Hardscape:

Basalt, 2 Bonsai and some small logs

Substrate:

Tropica:

PLANT GROWTH

AQUARIUM SOIL POWDER

Flora:

ANUBIA barteri VAR. NANA PETITE

Fontinalis antipyretica

Hydrocotyle verticillata

TAXYPHYLLUM SP. FLAME

Eleocharis acicularis MINI

Gratiola viscidula

Micranthemum "MONTE CARLO"

Pogostemon helferi

Rotala BONSAI

Staurogyne repens

Fissidens FONTANUS

Fauna:

8 x Corydora pygmaeus

20 x HEMMIGRAMUS bleheri

5 x Otocinclus SP.

5 x threadfin rainbowfish

2 x Yunnanilus SP. ROSY

??? red cherrys

Photos:

Mounting the 08/29/2015
IMG_20150827_182837_zpsyyghv5dq.jpg

IMG_20150827_183830_zpsweva35zq.jpg

_DSC0001_zpszwbjxys6.jpg

_DSC0007_zps8tchu8ps.jpg

_DSC0008_zpsgtm3i8fy.jpg

_DSC0012_zpsaxlkssx3.jpg

_DSC0017_zpsfoghnn8w.jpg

_DSC0023_zps964e0ppk.jpg

_DSC0024_zpssc1yw6we.jpg

_DSC0032_zpskon8fhs9.jpg

_DSC0042_zpsbjwced4c.jpg

_DSC0043_zpsbpnhxf5n.jpg

_DSC0044_zpsbfvrgmkn.jpg

_DSC0020_zpsydexl4kq.jpg

Tanks

Thank you Nelson,
I will add a few more fins here, these were the ones that had the previous aquarium ... more about 20 "drunken noses" and a couple of ramiresys!
best regards

Tank 100*50*50 and the cabine have 90*50*75.
5cm for both sides. No problem.

Enviado do meu RIDGE FAB 4G através de Tapatalk

Tank 100*50*50 and the cabine have 90*50*75.
5cm for both sides. No problem.

Enviado do meu RIDGE FAB 4G através de Tapatalk

Even thought, next time put a strong 'wood' base that covers all base, 100 x 50.
There's always some extra pressure in the end's of the glass...

Very nice layout, love the wood work,
cheers
:cigar:

Even thought, next time put a strong 'wood' base that covers all base, 100 x 50.
There's always some extra pressure in the end's of the glass...

Very nice layout, love the wood work,
cheers
:cigar:
Thanks Miravent,
even thought about it, but I found no sign to that extent, I had to cut and paint .....:banghead:
It will be fine if it were in depth had not left like that.
Greetings and thanks
:clap:

Hi,
here are the pictures of this week.

Has been slow the development of plants, I think with two months should have been more composed ....

I am now giving daily:

9ml macros tropica
3ml micros tropica
5ml potassium
5ml C7 of Equo
TPA 50 to 60% weekly

Here are some pictures for your opinion,

I have to get a lens as it should be, I can not better than this with 18-55mm .... or maybe a more skilled hands!

The highest trunks continue with some algae in fissendens,

I put the light higher in 10cm to see if I can fix this and still remains only 2x39W!

001_zpsc1rbayfx.jpg

003_zpswnfhmida.jpg

005_zpsrua8avvo.jpg

010_zpsdvabpxp3.jpg

013_zpsf3yxi0rd.jpg

014_zpsfvg5igc6.jpg

015_zpslociyahl.jpg

020_zps0xqrbtvu.jpg

025_zpsihmthska.jpg

027_zpsah236mvm.jpg

033_zpsgidogls0.jpg

039_zpsu5pe3nqc.jpg

I hope you like it and wait your opinions and criticisms ....

Who has experience with Eleocharis carpet, I must give it a a scissor, or wait a little longer to close a bit more?

Thanks & Best Regards

António Simões

The highest trunks continue with some algae in fissendens,
Cut it right back and only leave about 1mm to ensure all the algae is gone, it will grow back in no time (well couple months) ;)

Love that Fissidens on the branches. Next time you do a water change, mix a weak solution of Flourish Excel into a spray bottle and spray all the Fissidens while it is exposed. WARNING go easy with the mixture, keep it very diluted or you will completely burn the Fissidens. I suggest 3 or 4 millilitres to one litre water. You can always increase gradually if it doesn't work first time.

Cheers,

Steve

This looks really good.
Though to me it looks like the composition is balanced to the wrong side of the tank, when i look at it the left side of the tank feels empty, the design of the scape to me it would have looked better if it had been assembled more to the left than to the right.
You could always put some smaller pieces of rock in the left side arranged like an extension to the island to avoid it looking so empty on that side.
Your trees remind me a lot of some of Filipe Oliveira's earlier tree scapes though, they look really good.
That's just my 2 cents.

Maybe get some Amano shrimp to help keeping algae down.

Love that Fissidens on the branches. Next time you do a water change, mix a weak solution of Flourish Excel into a spray bottle and spray all the Fissidens while it is exposed. WARNING go easy with the mixture, keep it very diluted or you will completely burn the Fissidens. I suggest 3 or 4 millilitres to one litre water. You can always increase gradually if it doesn't work first time.

Cheers,

Steve

thanks for the comments to both
with the pruning I did in fissendens of the tallest trunks and elevate light 10cm, the issue of algae was solved by now ...
I already have 6 amano shrimp and another 5 Ottos to treat them!
always I am afraid to use EXCEL in mosses, I'd rather not risk it!

best regards

This looks really good.
Though to me it looks like the composition is balanced to the wrong side of the tank, when i look at it the left side of the tank feels empty, the design of the scape to me it would have looked better if it had been assembled more to the left than to the right.
You could always put some smaller pieces of rock in the left side arranged like an extension to the island to avoid it looking so empty on that side.
Your trees remind me a lot of some of Filipe Oliveira's earlier tree scapes though, they look really good.
That's just my 2 cents.

Hi AquamaniacUK,
Felipe is undoubtedly a source of inspiration and a pioneer in tree scapes, this aquarium arose for having these two bonsai, and how only had two, this was the solution!
I had the idea to make the island a little larger, but with only two bonsai, would get very naked.
the right side of the aquarium is the "front" of room entrance, and I have many plants in the middle of the rocks, which gives it a pleasant aspect, which had to the contrary would not be so pleasant at first.
I understand what you say on the left side and it makes sense, I will try your suggestion and see how it looks.

Best regards
great tank, with an island design like yours you must have great flow in the tank.
jim

Tanks banthaman.jm,
I'm well enough to dilute the Co2 but without the plants dancing ...

best regards

The colours of the fissidens on those branches (pictures 11 and 12) are amazing, it does look like a real Bonsai Tree. I have tried and failed and given up trying to do something like that.

Keeping my eye on this to see if you go for a carpet plant around the Island, I'm thinking Echinodorus Tennellus:)

Steve

Back