• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mother plants

Derek113

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
My new arrivals for my upcoming 200 litre scape.

Niiiiiiiiiiice

Hi all,
- and in need of fertilisers......
I think that is "Mick.Dk's" professional eye, they look generally healthy, and I'm sure they will be fine.

Having said that I agree with Mick, the Echinodorus bleheri? in picture 2 looks a bit chlorotic, and the newer leaves are slightly smaller than the older leaves, suggesting that it might benefit from some more nitrogen (N) and potassium (K).

cheers Darrel

- sorry Derek !!! One shouldn't point out such a thing, without also giving reason and solution :oops: .
Darrel is right; I see this often (E. bleheri often do this emerse) and does not really think about that, since it is easily solved, when submersed.
- Nice plants, enjoy them...........

The above plants had just arrived from AE. What fertelizer would you reccomend using?

This claims to have everything plants need without having to buy any other nutrients.
image.jpg

Hi all,
What fertelizer would you reccomend using?
I don't think Profito contains any nitrogen (N) or phosphorus (P), so it isn't really a complete feed.

You can use any complete fertiliser you like, why the plants aren't in the tank. Because the plants aren't in the tank you don't need to worry about the fertiliser containing ammonia, so a liquid fertiliser or powder containing urea (CO(NH2)2), ammonium sulphate ((NH4)2SO4), or ammonium nitrate (NH4NO3) is fine.

This time of year I usually go and buy whatever liquid fertiliser is remaindered at "Homebase" or <"Wilkos"> etc. and I use it for the tanks, house-plants etc.

A tomato fertiliser, or similar, at 1/2 strength, is a good cheap option. If you the volume of water in the holding container you can add it as a dry powder (or liquid). A tomato fertiliser will be high in nitrogen (N), potassium (K) and magnesium (Mg), which are the three most likely causes of chlorosis in new leaves.

Because the plants will need a feed while they are in the tank (via <"EI"> or the <"Duckweed Index"> etc) my preferred option would be to buy a complete mix from one of our <"sponsors"> (other sponsors are available).

cheers Darrel

Back