• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua nano 40

peter.k

Hello.
any of you have experience with back chambers from Nano 40?
I have JBL e401 external filter and and thinking of removing back black chamber.

I've had one for about 2yrs. It's a huge filter for the size of tank. about 18% although the I've the older version without the stupid and expensive cartridges. Mine is divided into 3rds. One third is black foam, the next is ceramic noodles and the last it for the heater and pump. Flow from the e401 isn't any better so it's down to if you can remove all the baffles cleanly without scratching the glass and need that extra 18% of space. ;)

I've still got one, although it's just sitting empty in my shed.

Wasn't much hassle to remove the back chambers. You can get most of the silicon off with a razor but it still leaves a visible mark on the glass, there's a chemical you can buy to remove the rest if need be.

Start with the black divider piece, might have to snap it off in places but once that's come off you can easily get to the other parts.

Thx you Julian. In AQ40 i have got Colombo Flora base for one year now, so i want to rescape and use new ADA substrate. So than i'll try to remove that chamber. Or I'll just replace it with TMC Signature and sell AQ40
ATM I'm busy with shrimps aquariums :) Thx again

Back