• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

led retro conversion

sewin007

Seedling
Hi, can anyone offer me any advice? I have bought a ufo 700 tank, second hand, and it's been running get without any problems for approx 6months, however yesterday the lighting unit packed in. I have found that the ballast is corroded and the price for a new unit is £160, could anyone advise if there are suitable led kits which I could retro fit to ensure plant growth in my low tech tank.
Thanks Stuart

It's for the whole hood, I have been trawling the Internet trying to find ballast which is compatible but not found anything as yet.
I am a newbie, plants growing nicely under 3 tubes but now down to one tube and worrying that plant growth will now be inhibited.
This is the ballast, any info regarding how to source or if led system would be better to install would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20160124_132635.jpg
    20160124_132635.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 81
Two switches, one controls two bulbs and one for the other. The two bulk ballast is not working at the moment.

Back