• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hc or Mc? Help required

Maxlaf

Seedling
I bought hc from a friend who bought 1-2 grow
But while planting it I felt like it was MC as it's bigger, lot bigger.
He told me he was sur it's hc and even the original seller says it's hc but if anyone here can help convince me.
On the left is what I just bought. On the right the plant I had for long and I'm 100% is hc as it's small, stays low and is hard to grow...

zks7s6.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
When both plants are very young it's very hard to see with the naked eye. Easier to wait a few weeks and see how it matures. MC grows much bigger than HC.
But if you have both and look very closely you'll notice a distinct difference in leafshape.. MC is more rounder and wider, it has a drop shape leaf and the HC is more oval egg shape. Besides you picture is upside down it's a macro shot, there is no reference in how big everything realy is.. :) Then the on at the top right what should be bottom left of this pic could be misidentified as MC. But seeing the leaf shape i think it's HC..
zks7s6.jpg

I see an Egg and not a droplet. MC is almost orbicular and not realy obovate compared with HC which is oval
micranthemum%20sp%20monte%20carlo%20logo.jpg

But eventualy the size will reveal MC leaf can grow up to 5mm wide HC stays much smaller. :)

Hi Roy that's about the only thing there is to do when the plantlets are realy little.. As to see in the last pic above, young MC leaves still are more oval and get rounder while they mature. I have both in my tank almost growing into eachother. Sometimes it looks like they already did. Young MC is almost impossible to keep apart with HC it's just to tiny.

I personnaly don't see much difference is leaf shape and as my old plant hasn't been growing I can't really say if it's mature or not

Here is for reference. the aquascape is in a ada 60p

number 1 is the biggest in the new plant I have
2 is the average size
3 is a new leaf of the new plant

4 is my old HC that hasn't been moving, growing or doing whatever in the last year.

the plant in the back ground is S. repens

b6yj5e.jpg

118ovuo.jpg

I personnaly don't see much difference is leaf shape and as my old plant hasn't been growing I can't really say if it's mature or not

Here is for reference. the aquascape is in a ada 60p

number 1 is the biggest in the new plant I have
2 is the average size
3 is a new leaf of the new plant

4 is my old HC that hasn't been moving, growing or doing whatever in the last year.

the plant in the back ground is S. repens

b6yj5e.jpg

118ovuo.jpg

I have quite some HC and MC growing in my tank and the way it grows for me i've never seen a HC grow as big as presented with the ruler as number 1. I would say 1 ,2,3 MC if from same plant and 4 is HC.. If you compare 1 and 4 you'll see shape difference i refered to earlier. If you look realy close there is difference in 2,3 and 4 but harder to see and easier to guess wrong.. :)

Back