• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Two Rocks Balanced - 64L - Low tech

Thanks for the details are you still adding liquid carbon?
Hi, I have not added liquid carbon for a while prior to this past week. When I went to the store to pick up the new fish last Saturday I picked up some Seachem Excel, and I have been giving the tank 2ml each morning.
Holidays are challenging, since I cannot dose every day.

Apologies for the extended silence during the summer.
Here is the current situation. Unfortunately there is a bit of BBA on the Bucephalandra.
29477227113_c343d0ee32_b.jpg

30104873595_ef8953aaea_b.jpg

29476722294_b2d2bd72ae_b.jpg

30104889965_fe2888d745_c.jpg

Still looks good :)

That ram seems as if she's been eating for two :wideyed: (or perhaps it's just the camera adding 10!) .... though there is that (slightly?) damning photo of Her + the Cherry Shrimp
Is she the only ram?

there is a bit of BBA on the Bucephalandra.
you might return to dosing with liquid carbon - it's definitely active against BBA ... try adding daily for a couple weeks; you can syringe dose in the area of the Buce but that can also affect plant leafs

this particular plant doesn't look in the best of condition so I'd expect it to melt - possibly completely ... but it should come back given enough patience
so plant it in an area where you won't mind it disappearing & then reappearing, while Tropica lists it as "low light" I've found it to prefer clear access to that light, so don't hide it too completely behind other stuff. Once established it's much more capable of growing anywhere/everywhere :D
(just trim back the runners as you like)

Great angel shot photo
I went back looking for the angel
- stunning P manacapuru in this thread

this particular plant doesn't look in the best of condition so I'd expect it to melt - possibly completely ... but it should come back given enough patience
so plant it in an area where you won't mind it disappearing & then reappearing, while Tropica lists it as "low light" I've found it to prefer clear access to that light, so don't hide it too completely behind other stuff. Once established it's much more capable of growing anywhere/everywhere :D
(just trim back the runners as you like)

I went back looking for the angel
- stunning P manacapuru in this thread

Hi Alto, :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera_angle

(just trim back the runners as you like.

Alto was correct, the Valisneria did start to melt away, but there appear to be new leaves coming up. Keeping my fingers crossed that it comes back. I'll take photos when the aquarium is presentable again.

Back