• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hey all

Sailfin

Seedling
Hi

I've just ventured into this 'jungle' (although tank has a long way to go before that sentence becomes a pun....). Kept freshwater and marines for years but needed to start something fresh.

Been researching and it's great to start something from scratch again. I am totally new to plants (apart from Bung in, admire, bin when leggy). However, I am experienced enough with fish keeping to know I'll be asking a hundred questions as I tackle various crises and drama as the tank cycles, develop, matures!

So thanks in advance because I know I'm going to need help!

Hi Sailfin welcome to ukaps:) there is always lots of good advice from the members on here and are always happy to help :). maybe helpful if you could post the details of your tank and equipment, assuming you already have one, and also maybe consider starting a journal, we love pictures at ukaps:D.

Hi - thanks for the replies

I will start a journal as it seems to be a good way of keeping progress notes and getting feedback. However, briefly:

Tank is a 4x2x2 foot (was marine a week ago)
Filtration and flow is by a fluval 304 and koralia 2

Substrate is course sand/fine gravel - not ideal I know

Lighting - 4x54 watt HO T5

Tank filled last week with treated tap water

Started cycle with a cockle (old fashioned but just sticking with what I know)

No co2 I've used some root tabs and have floragrow Carbon

The tank as marine

2f6cfb363c5f00ff8d498d759a9d0bb2.jpg

The tank as of this afternoon

cc1272cd0ede702e9c69516eb9233647.jpg

Very much learning with aquascape l, just now awaiting cycle.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome! Ammonia just starting to look a little less 'nuclear green' so off to start a journal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back