• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tubing popping off bubble counter

Halley

Hi - I was injecting co2 with a bazooka with no problem but today I went to replace the bazooka with a new one but the the tubing keeps popping off the bubble counter. I tried another different bazooka and the same thing happened - I increased the bars to 2 but the tubing keeping popping when I use the co2 - any ideas why this is happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there,

I would say the problem is then the tube, which, perhaps, is slightly larger than should. Try to get a different tube, or check first the size of the current one to ensure matches. If before was working, only problem I see is that tube gets old within time, and the part that you are plugging has deformed and made a bit larger. An option is just cut a few cms of the tube in the connection that is failing and plug again. This last option is the cheapest, and probably will fix the issue.

hope this help.

Cheers,
Manuel

Hi Halley,
I had the same issue but my tubing was being connected to the needle valve of my regulator and not a bubble counter. I was using silicone tubing at the time. I switched to regular tubing and it has been fine ever since.
All the best.

Thanks for the responses I have cut the tubing back but it keeps popping off - maybe I might try some new tubing - I am using regular co2 tubing not the soft type

Hi there,

I would say the problem is then the tube, which, perhaps, is slightly larger than should. Try to get a different tube, or check first the size of the current one to ensure matches. If before was working, only problem I see is that tube gets old within time, and the part that you are plugging has deformed and made a bit larger. An option is just cut a few cms of the tube in the connection that is failing and plug again. This last option is the cheapest, and probably will fix the issue.

hope this help.

Cheers,
Manuel

Replacing the tubing seems to have worked - it was only about 8 months old but it might have got misshapen - cheers for the advice

Replacing the tubing seems to have worked - it was only about 8 months old but it might have got misshapen - cheers for the advice
emoji108.png

Glad to help! And more glad about you fixing the issue. :)

Back