• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting suitability

Aqua360

Hi all,

Been thinking of setting up a long tank again, likely to be a 40x10x10 inch (100cm) tank, so I'm looking at the all pond solutions fixture below for suitability.

https://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/aquarium/lighting/t5/100cm-two-tubes-black-or-silver/

Basically I'd like a fixture that lets me run a photoperiod of around 8 hours, without growing an algae farm. Not looking for super hard plants, just something to allow for an MC carpet for example, and some other easy-medium plants.

The spec is below, can I ask people's thoughts?

Thanks
Screenshot_20160918-010701.png
Screenshot_20160918-010701.png

Hi mate, I have the 90cm version, good lights though the legs are a bit flimsy (broke mine :lol:) you may find it a bit powerful over 10 inch tank height but if you can suspend it over the tank the intensity can be adjusted by raising the fixture, I've had mine a few years now and it's still going strong with the original bulbs.

Ps apparently there's an option.
Hi mate, I have the 90cm version, good lights though the legs are a bit flimsy (broke mine :lol:) you may find it a bit powerful over 10 inch tank height but if you can suspend it over the tank the intensity can be adjusted by raising the fixture, I've had mine a few years now and it's still going strong with the original bulbs.

Yeah the height is the downside to the long low tank, I had a beamswork before and had to run it 5-6 hours, with co2; otherwise the algae just took off.

Wish I had a better knowledge of lights, either that or try to get a dimmable; if anyone can recommend some :D

Well my knowledge of lights is limited but I have the APS 4 tube t5 for several years on the living room tank,changing the bulbs to my own preference and they look just as good as more expensive ones,obviously maybe not as robust as more expensive ones but very well priced,I have just raised the luminaire on basic shelving brackets,the tanks against a wall,because not using CO2 on this at moment

Back