• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can anyone recommend some lighting for a 40cm cube?

ChrisP

As title really, I have an Aqua Nano 40 which measures 40cm x 40cm x 40cm (55L). The LED lighting that came with it is quite poor in my opinion. I don't know how many watts it measures but it isn't much!

Can anyone recommend anything? I have seen the Arcadia Stretch which in my tank size would be 15W. Which doesn't seem like much and I doubt is much of an upgrade..

Budget.. I don't want to spend the world for now. Something mid-range will be fine for my use.

Thanks for that. Would that be this one here? Any ideas how they do with tanks around 50L? Would that hit medium light levels? I'm a little lost with LEDs to be honest. Old florescent tubes used to gun for 2W per gallon but I don't think that applies with LED?

Hi Chris, I've your aqua one tank in the pets at home reworked version without the filter partition - yet to set up (though am itching to get up & running...) I would like to use the Chihiros A-Series http://www.hinterfeld.com/uk-chihir...-lamp-12-39w-plant-fish-shrimp-light-20-60cm/ at £36.62...bargain ☺ I've used on my fluval spec v - it's great but definitely high light - depending on the plants you wish to grow also & if you plan to use co2?

Hi Manisha, thanks for the info! That is something else to think about. Do you know if anyone on here has used it and what results they have had? Yes I have the same tank as you, mine doesn't have the filter partition either. I didn't use the filter that came with it and ended up using a Fluval external. Currently not using Co2 as I planned to keep the tank low tech, but slowly sliding back to hi tech. :D

Back