• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

car insurance help

dan4x4

I have a lease car currently on fleet insurance. I have been told that I'll loose my no claims discount if i don't open a policy in my name by the second year of having a lease. I wondering if theres any way around the for example taking a policy out on a sorn'd volvo I have sitting on the drive? It has no mot or tax but I can insure it with sn off the road policy.

Insurance is such a rip : |

Hi Dan,
As far as i know- they need to offer you with a named driver discount on the policy. The policy is in the name of the company but you are the named driver.
named driver discount isnt NCD i.e. you dont get a NCD letter. But you still get the same financial discount every year just as you would as a driver with NCD that hasnt claimed.

what you will lose is any NCD already earned for driving experience if you dont have a policy in your name for 2 years. -- i think that's what they are trying to get at.

Hope this helps

P.S.- I agree Insurance is a rip off :mad:

Back