• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Rust" red plant only aquaskape

clone

Hi, I have always wanted to try red plants only aquaskape. Now it is reality and my current progress.
tDuySSV8XKw-rIipjEZHJo9tLEgGKct3EeKY86_IQmY-_fTB2HHLXheZKwGBTMfv-I5jN9ZZ6RHMIiVNsw=w1461-h974-no.jpg

Y9PghMCXQoxB1KSTdW2EdFnhVJbBCr1C4_i_Nx5YhT7vTsI5YwgoCs56pT4Pj8GQOMWBPOxvzL501B2f9Q=w1461-h974-no.jpg

eNMbURnvlWc0Z2MRtAvTHMoyRzsvK9-bJZQuTHW8iy4kPOHWcEOZU-AY1lY1n6QConClS_dXxbKi_gzy-A=w1461-h974-no.jpg

The only green plant is guess what:mad:???

Nice one!
There was an epic tank called 50 shades of red which pulled off super reds very well.

The tank still needs to mature and get rid of any "nasty greens". I saw red plants tank "Dragons` Sunset" and was same green algae on the wood....probably due hi PO4. The stems are just about to start growing properly. I had some issues with my UP atomiser which was cracked so......not decent CO2, and was fighting Spirogyra lately. Both are fixed now though.
Thanks for the interest guys. Will try to keep updated.

Last edited:
Hi, a tiny update. Almost all greens are gone. I am very pleased the way this tank turn up.

It brings some feelings, defenately.
Thanks for the comments.
Next job ....to clean the "rust" off the pipes:D

Last edited:
The inspiration.... CoD fans know what I am talking about
4760CB877BD9FEB444EC79CFA18D5F3FD99251B4.jpg

is-rust-the-best-call-of-duty-map-ever.jpg
bfkshd.jpg

I wish I could have some weird post apocalyptic ,zombie creatures in that skape as well......
:p

You need ADA Kei stone in the scape ;)
(or some other red stone)

I'm not sure about the "Caloglossa Beccarii- red moss" but it's an interesting concept in scaping for sure :)

Cant afford ADA fancy stuff, mate. I would rather use my hand picked from the wild nature rock, which has better textures than Kei ;) and red moss is actually ALGAE:eek::D but it is very unusual and mostly RED. There was not other option for carpeting plant IMO. Any suggestions?:geek::)
May be red desert sand will give even more bizarre look.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I love the Maple Leaf and Aquatic design centre have some ....probably will check.

Back