• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help to choose a tank

steevwatson

I'm torn between 2 tanks at the moment. One is a juwel lido 200 only 100l less then the Rio but obviously it's square so less swimming length etc. The other is a TMC Signature 900 set. I know it's a marine tank and I plan to use it for tropical planted but I'm interested to give a sump a go in a tropical tank. Also like the fact it's rimless. The TMC is about 185 litres.

Which tank would you go for? Would the slightly smaller but longer TMC be more practical for stocking scaping etc?

Much depends on your plant & fish goals - I'd choose the TMC 900 as it's less restrictive in terms of lighting & plants & fish species (not many fish swim up/down, most natural movement is horizontal plane)

This video is for the Lido 120 but gives a good indication of plants that thrive with standard lighting in this style of tall tank

Thanks for the response. I bit the bullet and went for the TMC. Now begins the adventure of learning how to set up a freshwater sump

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back