• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lights with timers

BarryH

Do any LED light units, Chihiros, Fluval, Interpet, ETC ETC have built in timers or is this only possible by using a timer that's mounted in a plug socket?

Many do, my Satellite Plus Pro has a built in timer. My DSunny panels have a controller/timer which has around 8 steps so you can really make it ramp up to a specific value for only a small period of time. My Chihiros ones don't, but function just fine with a timer socket, although i do miss the gradual ramp up that my fish seem to appreciate.

Kessils can be timed by use of a separate kessil controller. Cost about £100 but it has quite a bit of functionality and controls spectrum and intensity and has too outputs too plus auto update for BST changes too

Kessils can also be taken a step further as the intensity and spectrum can be controlled via a 0-10Volt input, which can be done with a programmable logic controller (PLC)as i have done. So the light intensity can be varied to your own software design via the the PLC. I have four kessil 160s and have a moonlight Passover phase. One kessil at a time is on at lowest intensity/spectrum settings for a say 15mins each. I have to admit it does look rather stunning IMO even with my limited aquascapers skills.
PLC not cheap

Sent from my Mobile

Back