• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Leicester...

Cactusface

Hi All,
I'm from the LE4 area of Leicester. on and off been keeping fish for some years. But do lots of other things too, 300+ Cacti to look after, Photography's been with me since I was 17, I'm now 70. Model building and electrobics, Meccano. I'm just a frustrated scientist and mechanic.

Not really had a good try at Aquascaping as yet, but I do like my live plants. I have just removed a big clump of Cryptos, so their going FREE for anyone who wants them, can collect or pay postage (Hermes), willing to split, most are about 30cm tall.

I'll fill in my profile later, but I have 4 tanks from 20L with Red Crystal shrimps, to a 170L Aqua-1 community with LED lighting and CO2. I do use APF Ferts in the Aqua-1 and Rio tanks. Let's see if I can upload a picture...

Anyone know which species this is, some crypt's seem confusing with descriptions and naming!!

Crypts-1.jpg
Crypts-5.jpg

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards

Mel.

Last edited:
Hi All,
Thanks for your welcome and comments. So here's a few pics of my newly set up Shrimp tank and my Rio 125 which I got back in Febuary, and if you REALLY want to see my models and Cacti! them too, but you can see more on my website at www.melsaunders.co.uk You will also see what other things I do, or have done... A look thro the plant-base helped me sort a few plants, that I would like. I would like a nice carpet effect, but it's perhaps not that easy? I really have got to change my tanks in to Aquascapes, but it may take some time and effort, need lots of wood or root!
More later, but would welcome your commects and advice.
Regards

Mel.
Cactus-1.jpg succ-1.jpg STank-1.jpg Stug-1.jpg Suz-1.jpg Tank-1.jpg

Hi Hoggie,
Yes that sounds familular Wenditii it is mostly red/brown, was'nt sure it grow that tall?
Mel.

Back