• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

By hook or by crook

PBM3000

Is there a neat solution for spray bar and inlet connections? I can't stand the shepherd's crook style on an open tank. They're fiddly and annoying to get and keep stable. Then they just look a mess.

Isn't there a system that just clips on to the glass lip itself instead of the big, clumsy sucker and clips - offering stability and... tidiness?... Even the Eheim Installation sets are awful, IMO...

Is this the kind of thing you are looking for?
I'm not sure they look any better

Picture1.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-p...ter-20mm-suitable-below-15mm/32605095452.html

I wasn’t aware of those, thanks, but not really what I meant. Instead of a typical arched 'crook' which is inherently unstable - requiring suckers etc - I was thinking of a system that has either a tighter loop - or if that affects flow, somehow moulded longitudinally with the glass, looping over in a kind of 'barrel roll' from outside the glass to inside.

Vertical Inlet connector - Along - Up - 'Barrel Roll' - Down - Along (forming spray bar) - Up - Barrel roll - Down - Stop end

Hmm. Difficult to explain. The Eheim Installation set kind of has the concept but it's still blocky and ugly, in my opinion.

I don't think i have seen anything like this, generally spraybars need suckers, i would love to see someone manufacture the idea you have, it would look super aesthetic, maybe E-mail some of the smaller glass manufacturers (Mig-A is one that comes to mind) or chihiros and enquire about the idea?

Back