• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Got the itch again and need a new tank

Event was live June 30, & on AG YouTube presently ... take the time to watch all of it for the discussion

I use Tropica Aquarium Soil Powder (have also used their Growth Substrate) & Tropica fertilizers - as a company they've proven their soundness (they extensively test all products before release to market)

Recently I saw that Jurijs mit JS opened Tropica Nutrition Capsules & sprinkled this over the tank bottom - I'll try that on my next scape (very soft water so it's intuitively tempting ;))

Not sure about your query re the Python ... I just do frequent 50% water changes the first couple weeks with no substrate vacuuming so as not to disturb the rooting plants
I'm lazy & run Eheims & rarely open the filter to clean filter pads, sponges etc - as I seldom observe significant algae, I continue with this (lack of effort)
I also run my filters with fine filter floss, coarse sponge, & whatever media Eheim has seen fit to include in the kit
I use intank CO2 diffusers & heaters so I'm not concerned about flow loss over media
I'd use an inline heater IF there was a 100 - 150 watt version available but over the years, these heaters have disappeared from the market rather than proliferated (too many failures I suspect - re massive tank over-heating & DOA livestock - I keep seldom available fish so not keen on tempting fate)

Think this will be my last post for awhile
Rather annoyed at what appears as one-sided censorship & that's not what these forums should be about

Think this will be my last post for awhile
Rather annoyed at what appears as one-sided censorship & that's not what these forums should be about
Agree with other i hope not mate as your opinion is highly appreciated and wanted.

I think i may try tropica instead of ada soil and then tropica ferts instead of the EI , at least to start

filter arrived today and looks amazing brand spanking new so really happy with that.

But honestly opinions very appreciated.thanks for letting me know tom barr was plantbrain aswel as i couldn't remember username.

I will watching the videos on Aquarium gardens aswel been watching a few already.

Lastly does anyone here use tom barrs forum ? Seems quite active

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back