• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to glue aquarium hardscape (wood & rocks)

Why is there thermal reaction between superglue and cigarette filter? What is cigarette filter made of? I don't smoke. Is there common household substitute for the filter?

Why is there thermal reaction between superglue and cigarette filter? What is cigarette filter made of? I don't smoke. Is there common household substitute for the filter?
I have no idea what makes the filter react ... but I do know that using white filter wool causes that same reaction. So that's an alternative if you don't want to use cigarette filters.

I tried them both and my preference goes to cig filters. The filter wool isn't that compact and needs a lot more glue. The "strings" of the wool also tend to stick to the tip of the superglue tube and after some time you start to create a mess.

You can buy a pack of 250 filters over here (Belgium) for +- 2€. So that's a pretty sweet deal if you ask me ;)

Here in US you can pick up cigarette filters for free on the street, make one looks like a homeless person.

Back