• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fighting back

Onoma1

After my 120 tank 'explosion', paludarium tank leak and deconstruction (into separate pieces of optiwhite glass), 3 weeks of plants and fish in trugs, lights and equipment being damaged in the flood caused by the tank explosion, death of plants and fish, despair as I looked at my newly I installed and destroyed wet wooden floor I am now officially back in the 'game'.

The new 120cm Aquariums4Life tank is in place and working (so far), the new 70mcm paludarium is partially planted and and my small buce and shrip cube is operational.

As a friend from Ireland would say "Happy Days". Its now all about editing the plants, building the ecosystems on each tank and enjoying the flow of aquascaping.

20240109_195438.jpg

You got some extra floor insurance, right? ;)

I had hoped so, however, the reality of the excess and the increased cost of insurance meant that a claim wasn't viable. But how I wish it was...

@Ibz10 I use a sand mix which covers fine net bags of John Innes Number 3. I liberally scatter osmscote under the sand in areas where I want to place 'hungry' plants. The sand is a mix of three different ADA sands (bought on the forum) and some much cheaper generic aquarium sand.

The ADA sands were:
8kg La Plata
8KG Colorado
5Kg tropical river sand

Mixed with 20k of Silver Sand

The silver sand was originally in other scapes as a base for the ADA sand. Circumstances beyond my control led to these becoming mixed...

Last edited:
Thank you @Onoma1 I have been thinking to do something similar in my next set up wuth 1 inch of john innes and 2 inch of sand rather than just pure aquasoil.

Back