• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Solubility of CSM+B?

astrphora

Greetings,

I'd like to make a 30mL solution using CSM+B, dosing at only 1mL (it's a small tank). I know that macros need larger volumes due to solubility and I'm wondering if CSM would have similar issues or if it would work out fine?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hiya @astrphora

Difficult to give you an exact number regards csm solubility but in general we take the solubility level of Fe to be the limiting factor in these trace mixes. For csm+b we'd assume Fe edta's solubility at 90g/l to start our calculations, add in a saftey factor for unknown compounds in the trace mix let's say 2 for simplicity, and that leaves us with 45g/l.

So for a 30ml solution in theory you should be able to dissolve 1.35g without issue. This isn't exact science, the acidity and temperature of the solution will have a big impact on the final results.

Personally I wouldn't mix such a small batch up, but I guess you have your reasons for doing this.

Hiya @astrphora

Difficult to give you an exact number regards csm solubility but in general we take the solubility level of Fe to be the limiting factor in these trace mixes. For csm+b we'd assume Fe edta's solubility at 90g/l to start our calculations, add in a saftey factor for unknown compounds in the trace mix let's say 2 for simplicity, and that leaves us with 45g/l.

So for a 30ml solution in theory you should be able to dissolve 1.35g without issue. This isn't exact science, the acidity and temperature of the solution will have a big impact on the final results.

Personally I wouldn't mix such a small batch up, but I guess you have your reasons for doing this.
Thank you for the reply and the amount of detail in it. I appreciate it.

I will make more solution and use larger doses, then. It's not worth losing nutrients just for a minor convenience. :)

Last edited:
Back