• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mike’s Dooa Shizuku (Terrarium)

Mike Singh

Hi Everyone
I’ve been wanting to do a terrarium for a while now. I opted to get the Dooa Shizuku Glass Pot with the wooden base, light stand, and magnetic light. The all in one clean aesthetics is so elegent…..so Japanese.

Substate: Tropica Soil, sloped up to the back
Hardscape: Red Moor Wood
Light schedule: 50% intensity, 5 hours per day
Foreground plants
  • Front - Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo'
  • Middle - H Cuba
Midground plants
  • Bucephalandra sp Red
  • Cryptcoryne Parva
Background plants
  • Staurogyne repens
  • Rotala Orange Juice
The Shizuku has been set up 2 weeks now. I do a light watering once a week. The glass lid is on with a slit in the front to reduce water condensation. The plants are thriving and I’ve already had to prune the Rotala in half today. The foreground plants and carpeting. The Bucephalandra had an amazing blue green purple leaf with nice texture to it.

The red moor wood is now covered with mould. I’ve added some springtails to help with this.
IMG_2737.jpeg
IMG_2738.jpeg

Beware of the mold, it can spread easily to plants. On the other hand , did you put some pumice under the soil or carbon, otherwise you’ll get Cyanobacteria with time.
Nice looking buce!

Beware of the mold, it can spread easily to plants. On the other hand , did you put some pumice under the soil or carbon, otherwise you’ll get Cyanobacteria with time.
Nice looking buce!
Thanks for your comments. I put the Dooa jungle base as a first layer. Any tips for getting rid of the mould?

I want to try these one day, this looks amazing, great job!
I got mine from Aquarium Gardens. I see Horizon Aquatics also have them. It's not an all in one kit so you do have to buy all the components separately.
The Bioloark Bio Bottle Terrarium SD175 is a complete steup: bottle and LED light for £70.

Back