• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Flora-grow CO2 Nano Kit

wbaguesty

Been looking at these on the net, due to come out mid November.

What are your thoughts on these? Sorry if posted already...

They seem a little pricey but do come complete.

How long would the canister last for a 45l tank for instance ;)

I'm currently testing one at the mo and it's well cool!

I'm running it on my 160l and it's still going strong after 2 weeks but obviously i can't tell you anymore till it's ran out completely.

You can of corse go the fire extinguisher route for the same sort of cost....

here are some photos of it on my 30cm
Picture3-6.png

Picture4-3.png

Ive got to admit I really like them. Just whether I want to spend the £££. They do look cool though.

How did you get hold of your nano kit?

What other ones similar are out there?

Just want the co2 to last a while, I presume it would in a 45l tank? I know nothing about injection rates etc so help appreciated.

Cheers

Hey Dan

Hope your well, just wondered were you got that rather cool UKAPS tool holder gadget/device.

Where can I get one!

Andy

I would wait, I don't think you'll be able to get the replacement canisters as easily as you'd want and you're much more cost effective when you compare it to a standard bargain reg kit and Fe's a cheap. My other reservation is that I think hanging all your nick nacks off the side of the tank looks preposterous. Just put the stuff inside the cabinet and don't worry about it. it's less stuff in your way and to obstruct your view of the scape.

Hey guys, the "Tool Tidies" are ready for sale but we've just gotta sort out the costings and postage etc, will will let you all know asa soon as we've got it all in hand. Anyone coming to the Halloween do can just take one away coz they are at my house.
wbaguesty said:
Ive got to admit I really like them. Just whether I want to spend the £££. They do look cool though.

What other ones similar are out there?

Just want the co2 to last a while, I presume it would in a 45l tank? I know nothing about injection rates etc so help appreciated.

Cheers

Dennerle make one but i had issues with my particular one so i can't realistically reccommend it.

I'd guess it would last about six weks in your tank but thats purely a guess, could be more, could be less.

How did you get hold of your nano kit?
Ask me no questions and i shall tell you no lies ;)

Retail on these is £85, with 95 gram refills at £13.95 each, although it might be for 3, the press release was a little confusing :crazy:

I like them personally, but the last thing I'd do is hang one on the tank! We spend hundreds of pounds to remove equipment from the tank, then go hang something on the outside. Wassup with that? o_O

All Maidenhead Aquatics will be stocking these very soon, so I'd imagine refills will be easy enough to get hold of, but whether they are worth the money in the long term or not is up to you. FE's are still the way to go for cost savings :thumbup:

Dan Crawford said:
Dennerle make one but i had issues with my particular one so i can't realistically reccommend it.
I have the Dennerle nano set and that works a treat, the 85g bottle lasts about 3 months. Although, I've recently upped the injection rate so the new bottle might not last that long.

Superman said:
Dan Crawford said:
I have the Dennerle nano set and that works a treat, the 85g bottle lasts about 3 months. Although, I've recently upped the injection rate so the new bottle might not last that long.

Hi Mate, where can you get these from?

Garuf said:
I would wait, I don't think you'll be able to get the replacement canisters as easily as you'd want
I've been in touch with the manufacturer and they have a current stock of over 6000 and they are already available if you ask you local Maidenhead Aquatics of which there are hundreds nationwide.
Garuf said:
My other reservation is that I think hanging all your nick nacks off the side of the tank looks preposterous. Just put the stuff inside the cabinet and don't worry about it. it's less stuff in your way and to obstruct your view of the scape.
JamesM said:
I like them personally, but the last thing I'd do is hang one on the tank! We spend hundreds of pounds to remove equipment from the tank, then go hang something on the outside. Wassup with that? o_O
I recon these systems area aimed at the nano market where you don't gererally have a cabinet to hide stuff in, like on the kitchen side or coffee table, it's a good solution in my opinion.

I live in Leeds and the nearest maindenhead is 30something miles way, there is one supafish stockist and they don't do anything for planted tanks because "it's a shrinking hobby". Wait and see I suppose.

wbaguesty said:
http://www.reptilica.co.uk/Dennerle-Nano-CO2-complete-set-80-g.phtml

I presume thats the one?

Has anyone got any pics of the set up on their tank.

Cheers

Yes that's the one. Luckily, I got mine from the LFS who had his before they got expensive.
I'll take some photos later if I get the chance (have a look through my nano journal as there might be some already there).

Cheers Mate, I am going to have a look at the one at Maidenhead Aquatics in Shirley tonight so will see. Its a nano tank so wouldnt look too bad on the side as its in the kitchen. Retro feel. :D

Back