• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

plastic Perspex question

jonesy

got a 49 liter interpet fishbox and i have removed the old plastic lid which held in the lights so i can replace it with a luminaire, filled it up today and i am now worried the baby will throw something into the tank as its on my desk so was going to place a piece of clear plastic perspex over the top but was wondering if it will affect the lighting into the tank in anyway as its going to be planted.

Not at
jonesy said:
got a 49 liter interpet fishbox and i have removed the old plastic lid which held in the lights so i can replace it with a luminaire, filled it up today and i am now worried the baby will throw something into the tank as its on my desk so was going to place a piece of clear plastic perspex over the top but was wondering if it will affect the lighting into the tank in anyway as its going to be planted.

Should not make any difference at all - one thing that it will help with is water evaporation, condensation (due to the heat above) will form on the underside of the perspex and drop into the tank . Ever since I fitted my overhead luminare my water level drops. I loose about 2 - 3 litres per week.

Regards
PAul

Flyfisherman said:
Not at
jonesy said:

Should not make any difference at all - one thing that it will help with is water evaporation, condensation (due to the heat above) will form on the underside of the perspex and drop into the tank . Ever since I fitted my overhead luminare my water level drops. I loose about 2 - 3 litres per week.

Regards
PAul

thanks for that ill get some perspex and make one up. :thumbup:

Back