• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

10gallon Aquacube - High light

cheesy feet

Set up as follows:
2 x 24W power compact T5's
HOB Filter
50W heater
Eco-complete substrate

Ferts:
EI, dry powders 3 x a week + tropica plant nutrition

CO2 system was previously simply nutrafins yeast one, but am looking to set it up with a decent pressurized kit. Anyone care to recommend one? I know about the DIY pressurized systems, but don't have the money for £70+

Plants:
Java/flame moss - will try and remove as much of the former as possible.
A lilly which hogged the whole surface, which has now died off a bit...The roots still extent through all the substrate however. - will remove
Scraggy rotala rotundifolia (as result of the lilly) - will try and revive
Anubias barteri eyes on bogwood - keeping
duck weed (you can't get rid of it!!!)
And maybe some young vallis/crypts in the mix too....Yes it has been neglected for a long time :lol:

Planned plants:
Pogostemon helferi
Hemianthus.C/M I can't remember all the names now, haven't looked to the green side in some time!
Dwarf hair grass?
Plant suggestions welcome!

Stocking:
Cherry shrimp, lots of them!

Will be doing two 8 gallon journals too. :thumbup:

Have a look into getting a CO2 Fire Extinguisher - there's a recent thread on here about some cheap ones going on eBay. There are also some CO2 regulators meant for welding (I think that was it!) on eBay, but I can't comment on their accuracy or reliability.

To save money on diffusers, I recently tried a cigarette filter in the end of the airline after reading it somewhere on t'internet. It's a pretty good method I think, and the bubbles get broken up well, but not quite as effective as one of the glass diffusers. Pretty good and very cheap though.

Tom

Ok Tom, I'll have a looksy...I know garuf! Hence me wanting to invest in a pressurised CO2 kit ;)
Interesting, but luckily I saved a couple of my spare unused glass diffusers from which I had spare (bought 6 incase I broke some - I did lol) when I had my 3 nutrafin kits.

Here's what the tank has looked like in the past:
Image111-3.jpg

Image014-3.jpg

S7302042.jpg

S7303966.jpg

Picture773.jpg

I think I'm definitely going to get some peacock gobies again, but to go in 1 of my 8 gallon tanks
Picture782.jpg

Thanks, it doesn't at the moment though lol!

Back