• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

1cm overhang

Aqua360

Afternoon all,

Trying to find a cabinet size to suit my 45cm tank has been a real chore, so much so I'd basically given up, however I've spotted a 44cm unit that could fit the bill!

Unfortunately it is only 44cm, and not 45cm, what's the consensus on this? Taking a risk?

The depth front to back is fully covered, it's just the length that has this issue.

Some of the major brands of cabinet and tank combo's have an overhang at the front as a design feature, I think you will be OK with 0.5cm each side.

If you were especially worried you could put a 45cm board between the two.

I would not be too worried either and would probably just add a board as above if I were, but maybe check the base of the tank, some use a floating base and I don't know if that would make a difference?

Thanks for the speedy response guys, can always trust this forum to pull through in times of need! Pic below of base, I haven't purchased the cabinet as of yet, it's on a temp one for the foreseeable.
PXL_20220306_172507068.jpg

I really wouldn’t worry about 1cm unless you think something would knock into and damage the glass but as stated above just put a board of the correct size between the cabinet and the tank

Glass is very strong and in lots of fish houses you will see 6ft long x 2ft x 2ft tanks on racks that are only supported at each end by 2 inch wide wooden beam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back